- This month we donated to the 'Community Kitchen Program of Calgary'
- With your help, we were able to raise $3094.89 for them!
- The Community Kitchen Program of Calgary provides support, resources and education for those facing food insecurity in our city. They believe in a "hands up" approach and want to teach and empower individuals to make healthy food choices for themselves and their families. They offer programs that show how to stretch limited food budgets while still including healthy fruits and vegetables with every meal.
- Impact Statement from The Community Kitchen;
" In regard to where your generous donation will be used, it will go towards a few different programs that educate and equip individuals to make the best use of their monthly budgets. We are wanting to empower them to make the best choices they can for themselves and their families and hopefully helping to change their mindset around poverty as well. Some of our programs have little to no funding, so every dollar is crucial! Programs like Spinz-A-Round and Good Food Box are impactful programs that make a huge difference in people's lives."
Learn more about The Community Kitchen:
- This month, we donated to Action Dignity: The B.L.A.C.K. Project
- With your help, we were able to raise $3,873.64 for them!
- Action Dignity strives to spearhead systemic change within the city, specifically within the realm of anti-racism. Their community based organization does this work through hosting workshops and training, meant to equip or further the work of under-represented communities. Additionally, Action Dignity partner with larger organizations and systems, and represent under-represented community voices in these collaborations.
- Impact Statement from Action Dignity;
"THE BLACK Project strives to provide a platform and resources for Black youth’s growth and ambitions. One of the biggest barriers of the initiatives that benefit and build Black youth is a lack of resources or funding. With these funds, Monogram Coffee contributes to the direct initiatives and personal development of the youth in the program. They will simultaneously benefit themselves, with resume builders and leadership roles, while also benefiting the Black youth in the community that access or attend these initiatives.
Some examples of the specific initiatives that our Black youth are spearheading include: Intergenerational conversations between Black youth and their parents, youth-appropriate social media campaigns, mentorship and guidance between youth and social enterprise intervention to address homelessness in Calgary
We encourage our youth to give their time for things that they feel fulfilled by or benefit from in some way. Some of our youth like to do more logistical work to gain experience (communications, event planning and goal setting/follow through), while others lean more towards leading and presenting these initiatives. The youth in the project, especially in our youth steering committee, will utilize these funds as necessary to support their logistical work, leadership roles, and personal development."
Learn more about Action Dignity and the B.L.A.C.K. Project:
- This month, after hearing the tragic news of the ongoing war in the Ukraine, we decided to donate to the Razom Emergency Response for Ukraine
- With your help, we were able to raise $4496.58 for them
- More about the situation in the Ukraine;
- Russia’s assault on Ukraine could create as many as seven million refugees. Experts say the war could soon become Europe’s largest humanitarian crisis since the 1990s.
- The current emergency response is focused on purchasing medical supplies for critical situations like blood loss and other tactical medicine items, hospital supplies, and tech enabled emergency response supplies that facilitate the delivery of this aid.
- 2.8 Million Refugees fleeing Ukraine since February 24, 2022
Learn more about Razom Ukraine and ways to help
We would like to thank all of our customers for showing your support and dedication to us and to these causes. We truly couldn't provide the donations we do without your help. <3